It’s been a while since we’ve had an interview on our site. Recently I got chatting to another one of my followers. She is an actress and have been in hit shows such as Allegiant and Vampire Diaries and if that’s not cool enough for you she’s also a model! Yes a model, but that’s enough spoilers from me, let’s find out about Ahnika Hendrickson 🙂
1) How did you get into acting and modelling?
I started out modelling local in Seattle, and I loved it! So I auditioned for a local talent agency, and next thing I knew I was taking acting classes and learning new skills on how to follow my dreams!
2) You recently worked on film ‘Sleepless Night’ with Jamie Fox, can you tell us much about your role on the film. Also what was it like working with Jamie Foxx and do you have any interesting stories from your time on the set?
Jamie Foxx is amazing! We filmed the movie in Atlanta, where I played a featured dancer in a scene with Jamie and local ATL rapper T.I. Jamie Foxx is one of the nicest men I have ever met. In between one scene, when we were getting tired after 10 hours of filming in one day, Jamie held a small private concert for everyone working on set! He even invited us to join him singing!
3) You’ve also worked on shows such as Vampire Diaries and Allegiant, what was it like working on these shows? Also are you #TeamDamon or #TeamStefan ?
It was incredible to be a part of Allegiant and The Vampire Diaries because I was a huge fan long before I booked the roles. It was very surreal to see what parts were actually on set compared to the movie magic added later on in the editing process of the film. I have to say, Shailene Woodley who stars as Tris in Allegiant, is the most humble human being I have ever met! And I am definitely #TeamDamon, I mean look at him! He is gorgeous! Lol.
4) If you could be in one existing film, what film and character would you choose and why?
My favorite movie is 50 First Dates, it is a classic! But I couldn’t replace any of the characters because I love the film exactly the way it is! I would just want to add a character and be best friends with Drew Barymore’s character, Lucy Whitmore.
5) How do you balance your acting and modelling work?
That is definitely very challenging. I also want to get a college degree, so adding that into the mix is very difficult. My family is so supportive of me and they help keep me grounded in this industry. I don’t know what I would do without them!
6) It took some digging but is it true you used to run track and cross country when you were younger? If so do you still run and have any advice for anyone wanting to take up running?
Oh wow! Good job at digging that up, I haven’t competed since my junior year of high school! I was on varsity cross country and track. I don’t run as much as I used to, but exercise is very important to me. I keep up a healthy core workout every morning when I wake up. This goes to anyone wanting to pursue any dream: It may take a lot of work, but stay motivated and humble, and you can achieve more than you ever thought was possible!
7) What can we expect to see from you in the remaining months of 2016 and into 2017?
I am a busy bee! Sleepless Night premieres in theatres at the end of 2016, so make sure to see it when it releases! I will also be returning for the last installment of the Divergent Series, Ascendant, premiering in 2017. I have more projects coming up, so stay tuned!
There yo go readers, my friend, up and coming actress and model Ahnika. Look out for her she’s going to be a big star! Don’t be shy go say hi, you can find Ahnika at the following sites and tell her ‘Skatronixxx sent me’:-